- Class A CDL with Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements required
- Two years of experience driving double tractor/trailer combination preferred
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Demonstration of driving skills including lane changing, backing up, hooking up trailers, attention to all potential hazards
- Work rotating shifts and weekends as scheduled; willingness to work days or nights. You will eventually be able to work your preferred shift, but it may take some time
- A solid and stable work history, please include a 10 year work history on the application
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments: freeway conditions, mountainous roads, in-plant facilities, etc.; understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Willingness to learn and participate in an employee based safety program and willing to contribute to Savage's culture of Safety
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
- Concerned about safety and quality of job performance
- Must be Drug/Alcohol Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- Able to follow directions and change schedule
- Ability to work as dispatched
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- High School or GED
- 2 years applicable experience
- Ability to climb into and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
- Ability to apply snow chains to tires
- Ability to climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds daily
- Ability to drive in winter conditions
- Ability to be on work sites where products are produced
- Ability to hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
- Ability to utilize fall protection, including putting on a harness, utilizing lanyards, and connecting to an anchor point
- Ability to carry hoses
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to climb steps carrying 50 lbs.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.