- Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays and be available to respond on short notice.
- Willing to travel out of town for overnight projects on short notice.
- Must exude a strong personal and professional integrity. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces.
- Must have basic working knowledge of computer applications.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations and regular industry practices.
- Must be willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training).
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Drivers must be knowledgeable in DOT laws and hours-of-service regulations. Drivers will be required to adhere to the laws and complete electronic driver logs
- Flexible shift with weekend work is required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification
- While it does not disqualify you from a position with our company, please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all company vehicles and on many of our customer job site
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid CDL – A mandatory; tanker endorsement required. Must be able to operate vehicles/trailers equipped with air brakes. HAZ endorsement preferred. No active violations within the previous three years
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years relative field experience (combination of education and experience may be acceptable)
- Mechanical inclination is required
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification preferred (we will provide certification as needed)
- Tanker endorsement required
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Respirators may be required due to the nature of our work therefore a clean shaven face is required to assure proper fit and use of safety equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times per day
- Ability to drive and work in adverse weather conditions
For more information, email resumes to ErinSimpson@savageservices.com
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.