- Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays and be available to respond on short notice.
- Willing to travel out of town for overnight projects on short notice.
- Must exude a strong personal and professional integrity and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces.
- Must have basic working knowledge of computer applications.
- Must be willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification
- 2-3 years field experience
- CDL-A with HAZ endorsement preferred but not required
- Valid driver license and reliable transportation required
- High school diploma or GED required
Employees are frequently required to stand and climb or balance. They are frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They are frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to perform heavy manual labor in extreme conditions such as heat, cold, dusty, wet, and noisy conditions for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials or equipment weighing a minimum of 50 pounds and manipulate a 55 gallon drum.
- Must be able to walk moderate distances, climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms at elevated heights.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and tight quarters
- On an as needed basis, must be able to perform duties while wearing the appropriate PPE which can include Tyvek, polyethylene or other protective full body suites and breathing through a full face respirator for extended times.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.