- Must have TWIC and pass background for refineries
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for a refinery and on the road
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Comfortable with heights including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last two years
- No serious moving violations in the past three years including:DUI or DWI, failure to report an accident, negligent homicide arising out of the use of a motor vehicle, operating a motor vehicle while under suspension or revocation
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interview
- Valid CDL Class A mandatory; Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement
- 2 years of CDL driving experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a daily basis
- Must be able to climb on elevated surfaces, bend, stoop and kneel
- Cannot have a fear of heights, will have to climb on ladders as necessary
- The Driver must be able to climb in and out of cab 20 or more times per shift
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.