- Class A CDL - Hazmat and tanker endorsements preferred
- Able to clear all background checks required by the Company, Customer and Government. These include, but are not limited to: Criminal, Drug, Physical, Previous Employer Background Check
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interview and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- A good attitude. Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace, but can also work independently and with minimal supervision
- Can read, write and understand English
- Proven ability to be reliable and dependable
- Moderate computer skills are required
- Comfortable working in an oilfield environment, including: heights, uneven ground, working around explosive and toxic gases, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CDL Experience preferred, oilfield environment
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including very harsh winters and hot summers
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 80 pounds on an occasional basis (i.e. chaining up a truck during the winter)
- Comfortable with the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars valves, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, maneuver heavy hoses in awkward/cramped spaces, etc.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.