The position will hold the title of Hazmat Technician and will be responsible for onsite environmental remediation projects that generally include pressure washing, tank-cleaning, confined space entry, spill cleanup, chemical packaging, and various other types of manual labor involving hazardous and non-hazardous waste/materials. EnviroServe is primarily a hazardous material transportation company and most jobs will be conducted alongside a truck operator usually in support of a vacuum truck. Occasional out of town work will also be required.
- Pressure wash walls, ceiling, and bottom of various tanks to flush residues such as oils, grease, sludge, and miscellaneous chemical materials through tank openings.
- Connect hoses to water, steam lines and to vacuum vehicle.
- Scrape and shovel walls and floors to remove encrustations, miscellaneous chemical materials, and coke or catalyst.
- Sweep or shovel debris, sludge or miscellaneous chemicals into buckets, wheelbarrows, or down chutes.
- Remove chemical residues and other liquids from tank bottoms with squeegees or pump and suction hose.
- Dry tanks with wood shavings, portable air drying equipment, or hand drying.
- Perform confined space entry into storage tanks, boilers, industrial processing tanks, kilns, railroad tanks and cars.
- Conduct atmospheric monitoring to determine atmospheric concentration levels.
- Conduct work in atmospheric concentration levels that would require the use of an air purifying or supplied air respirator.