- Due to the safety sensitive aspect of this position, all CDL Drivers must be a minimum of 23 years of age
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications in a current and valid status at all times
- Less than 4 points on driver license; less than 2 accidents on driver license; no more than 1 at-fault accident and 2 speeding convictions in the previous 36 months; no DUI/DWI or felony convictions within the past 7 years
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical clearances
- Must exude a strong personal and professional integrity. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- Physical stamina to perform heavy lifting/manual labor and the ability to work in elevated or confined spaces
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations and regular industry practices
- Must be willing to follow governmental regulatory procedures, industry practices, and have a general understanding and willingness to follow safety procedures (as provided during company training)
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the Company, customer and government
- Predominately regional runs
- Extensive out of town travel, up to 70% of the time
- 10-14 hour shifts
- Must be available to work 1-3 Saturdays per month
- Must be available for on-call work 1 week per every 6 weeks
- Valid CDL Class A mandatory; Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement
- 2 years of CDL driving experience
- 1 year of tanker experience
- 1 year of hazmat transportation experience (hazardous waste experience preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to consistently walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects
- Visual abilities required to complete this job include distance, close, peripheral, depth and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in extreme conditions such as heat, cold, dusty, wet, and noisy conditions for extended period of time
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds and manipulate up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- May have ability to walk long distances
CDL Drivers will be required to work outdoors. Driving conditions may be less than ideal. Anticipate off-pavement driving especially with tankers and roll off trucks. CDL Drivers can be exposed to adverse conditions (including but not limited to rain and muddy conditions, rocky soils, snow and ice, extreme temperatures). CDL Drivers may be required to work in a noisy atmospheres (>95dB), atmospheres containing fumes and airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. CDL Drivers are frequently required to wear PPE, such as respirators and protective clothing.
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.